The following instructions refer to the configuration of the wireless network in the Ubuntu operating system. This tutorial is based in the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS version.
- Open the “Settings” menu in your device. Click in the “Wi-Fi” tab. There should be 2 available wireless networks: “eduroam” and “tecnico-guest”.
- Choose the “tecnico-guest” network. After being connected, open your browser and access the following website to download the certificate: https://si.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/configuracoes/cacert.crt
- Then, open the wireless network menu again. Choose the “eduroam” network to connect. Fill the following fields:
- Wi-Fi security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: PEAP
- Anonymous identity – firstname.lastname@example.org
- CA certificate: cacert.crt (the certificate downloaded previously)
- Inner authentication – MSCHAPv2
- Username – email@example.com, where istxxxxx corresponds to your Técnico ID
- Password – password corresponding to your Técnico ID
- Click in “Connect”. The “eduroam” wireless network should be configured in your device.
If you want to view the screenshots of the steps described above, see the following tutorial.
Any questions you might have, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.