In order to install OpenAFS in Linux, follow the steps described below.
- Install the packages openafs-krb5 and openafs-client:
- >$ sudo apt install openafs-krb5 openafs-client (or other similar command)
- During the installation of the openafs-client package, fill AFS cell with ist.utl.pt
- To finish the installation, it is necessary to restart your computer.
In order to install OpenAFS in your MacOS, follow the steps described below.
- Go to http://auristor.com/filesystem/client-installer and download the correct version of AFS for your MacOS.
- Agree with the end-user license agreement.
- Complete the product registration with the following:
- First Name: first name,
- Last Name: last name,
- Company/Organization: your Técnico’s email,
- AFS Cell Name: IST.UTL.PT.
- Find the installer and start the installation process.
- Follow the installation instructions presented to you. In one of the steps, you will have to enter the following:
- Type in the name of your local cell: ist.utl.pt.
NOTE: If your computer has on ARM based CPU (Apple Silicon M1 or newer) you should follow these special instrucions available on Auristor website.
If you want to view the full detailed tutorial with screenshots, you can access the following tutorial.
Obtain an AFS token
The following instructions are valid for both Linux and Mac OS:
- The first step is to obtain a Kerberos ticket (instructions), by using the kinit command:
- >$ kinit istxxxxx – where istxxxxx corresponds to your Técnico ID. Then, insert the respective password.
- To obtain an AFS token, we use the aklog command:
- >$ aklog
- You can now confirm that you have the necessary AFS token, by using the tokens command:
- >$ tokens
Access your personal area in the AFS system
After you have a valid AFS token, you can access your personal area in the AFS system, using the following command:
- >$ cd /afs/ist.utl.pt/users/a/y/istxxxxay, where:
- a represents the second last number in your Técnico ID
- y represents the last number in your Técnico ID
- istxxxxay corresponds to your Técnico ID