The following instructions refer to the configuration of the wireless network in the Android operating system. This tutorial is based in the Android 9 (Pie).
- Open the “Settings” menu in your device. Click in the “Wi-Fi” or similar tab. There should be 2 available wireless networks: “eduroam” and “tecnico-guest”.
- Choose the “tecnico-guest” network. After being connected, open your browser and access the following website to download the certificate: https://si.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/configuracoes/cacert.crt
- In the certificate name, write “IST”. If you can choose the certificate’s goal, choose “Wi-Fi”.
- Then, open the wireless network menu again. Choose the “eduroam” network to connect. Fill the following fields (possibly some are in the “Advanced” tab):
- EAP Method: PEAP
- CA certificate: IST (certificate that you downloaded)
- Identity – email@example.com, where istxxxxx corresponds to your Técnico ID
- Password – password corresponding to your Técnico ID
- Autenticação de fase 2 (Phase 2 authentication) – MSCHAPv2
- Anonymous Identity – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click in “Connect”. The “eduroam” wireless network should be configured in your device.
Note: In some versions of the Android operating system, this settings may not work properly. In that case, in step 4, in the certificate option, choose “Not validate” or “None”.
If you want to view the screenshots of the steps described above, see the following tutorial.
Any questions you might have, send an email to email@example.com so we can help.