The following instructions refer to the configuration of the wireless network in the Windows 10 operating system.
- Click in the wireless networks icon, located in the taskbar of your device. There should be 2 available wireless networks: “eduroam” and “tecnico-guest”.
- Choose the “tecnico-guest” network. After being connected, open your browser and access the following website to download the certificate installer: https://si.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/configuracoes/istca-installer.exe
- Once the download is concluded, double click the installer. Click in “Start” to install the IST’s CA certificate in your computer.
- Then, click in the wireless network icon again. Choose the “eduroam” network to connect. Fill the following fields:
- Username – email@example.com, where istxxxxx corresponds to your Técnico ID
- Password – password corresponding to your Técnico ID
- Click in “Connect”. The “eduroam” wireless network should be configured in your device.
If you want to view the screenshots of the steps described above, see the following tutorial.
Note: Despite the IST certificate installation, steps 2 and 3, not being mandatory to access the “Eduroam” network, it is recommended to do so for security reasons.
Any questions you might have, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.