Técnico centralized authentication system includes:
- A unified authentication system for authentication to Web sites through the CAS 3.0 protocol .
- A unified authentication system for authentication to Web sites through the SAML 2.0 protocol, which also provides users personal data. This authentication service is integrated into the RCTSaai authentication infrastructure.
- An authentication service through the Kerberos protocol;
- The Técnico central directory through protocolo LDAP;
- The authentication and authorization system through the RADIUS protocol
Centralized authorization system
An authentication system is often complemented by an authorization system, and a centralized authorization system has been developed in Técnico, independent of the centralized authentication system (two complementary systems).
The usefulness of Técnico centralized authorization system may be justified, for example:
- in situations where a system administrator of a particular Department intends to check if a user who presents a Técnico ID has valid credentials, making use of the authentication system;
- and, in addition, whether that same user is connected to the Department concerned, in order to be authorized to access a particular resource that is exclusive to the Department, making use of the authorization system at that time.
In the User Support SI it is possible to consult: