In order to be able to map a Técnico’s software drive on Windows 10, follow the steps below:
- Turn on the Técnico’s VPN.
- Access “File Explorer“.
- Click on “This PC” with the mouse’s right button and choose the option that says “map network drive”.
- At this point, write “\\software.tecnico.ulisboa.pt\desired_software” in the field indicated. Be sure to check the box “Connect using different credentials“. For instance, if one pretends to obtain the software MATLAB, the field must be filled with “\\software.tecnico.ulisboa.pt\matlab”.
- If step 5 has been successfully completed, you will be presented with an authentication window, where you must fill in the fields with your Técnico credentials.
- After successfully authenticating, you will be presented with the desired software folder.
And that’s it, the mapping is complet!
If you want to view the screenshots of the steps described above, see the following tutorial.
Any questions you might have, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.