In order to be able to map a Técnico’s software drive on MacOS Catalina, follow the steps below:
- Turn on the Técnico’s VPN.
- Access “Finder“.
- In the top horizontal bar, look for the “Go” tab.
- Choose the option “Connect to Server …”.
- At this point, write “smb: //software.tecnico.ulisboa.pt” in the field indicated and then click on “Connect”.
- If step 5 has been successfully completed, you will be presented with an authentication window, where you must fill in the fields with your Técnico credentials. You must make sure that the “Registered User” option is active.
- After successfully authenticating, you will be presented with a list of the software provided by Técnico. Here, you must choose the desired software.
And that’s it, the mapping of the Técnico’s software drive is complete.
If you want to view the screenshots of the steps described above, see the following tutorial.
Any questions you might have, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.