The Computer Services Directions are two: Applications and Information Systems Direction and Computational Infrastructures Direction.
Each of the Directions is organized in different units, according to the fields of intervention and exercise of their respective attributions.
Applications and Information Systems Direction (DASI):
- The Applications and Processes Unit carries out its functions in the area of functional analysis, development, configuration and support of modules and applications of an academic, administrative or other nature
- The Software Integration and Architecture Unit carries out its functions in the area of functional analysis, development, configuration and support of the software infrastructure, and architecture and underlying technologies, on which application development is carried out
- The Design and Multimedia Unit exercises its attributions in the area of Design and planning of IST institutional web pages and other IST web pages that are requested; analysis of usability and design of IST web services portals; production and presentation of web and multimedia content in accordance with information and requirements transmitted to it or previously defined by the IST Management Council or to whom it delegates
Computational Infrastructures Direction (DIC):
- The Systems Unit is responsible for the management, maintenance and configuration of hardware, operating systems and associated services within centrally managed information systems and equipment, including, in particular, the management of storage, backup, virtualization, security, authentication , e-mail, database management and other infrastructure services
- The Network and Communications Unit is responsible for the management, security and maintenance of the telecommunications network, including the management of the active network equipment, namely routers, switches and wireless network support equipment, for the maintenance of the physical wiring of the infrastructure network, and the maintenance of voice and video communications equipment and services
- The purpose of the User Support Unit is to make the communication and support of the user and to provide the software licensing available, communicating with the users preferably through structured computer and telephone interfaces that allows a quick diagnosis, in order to solve or to refer the problem to the service that can solve it
- Simplify communication with users so that they effectively use the services and applications provided by SI
- Maintenance of hardware and operating systems, which are installed in the central and administrative departments and departments that have protocol with the SI
- Maintenance and updating of online content