Central Authentication Service (CAS) is working since 2nd February 2006. CAS is a unique identification system that allows all IST users to access to several informatics services by using the same authentication credentials, ie. the same username (Técnico ID) and same password to access IST services.
Using the same credentials allows you to access to the following services:
- Intranet IST (Fénix)
- Wireless network (eduroam)
- Web Proxy
- Unix Shell
- AFS Central Storage System
It also allows you to access some services from outside IST networks (including IST reserved contents).
Typically the adherence to a centralized authentication system occurs by the first login with your Técnico ID.
The following questions are addresses in the FAQs page:
- How can I access the services provided by SI?
- How can I retrieve the Técnico ID autentication password?
- How can I retrieve the Técnico ID autentication password via mobile phone?
- How can I retrieve the Técnico ID autentication password in person?