The following instructions refer to the configuration of the wireless network in the Android operating system. This tutorial is based in the Android 9 (Pie).
- Open the “Settings” menu in your device. Click in the “Wi-Fi” or similar tab. There should be 2 available wireless networks: “eduroam” and “tecnico-guest”.
- Choose the “tecnico-guest” network. After being connected, open your browser and access the following website to download the certificate: http://dsi.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/configuracoes/cacert.crt
- In the certificate name, write “IST”. If you can choose the certificate’s goal, choose “Wi-Fi”.
- Then, open the wireless network menu again. Choose the “eduroam” network to connect. Fill the following fields (possibly some are in the “Advanced” tab):
- EAP Method: PEAP
- CA certificate: IST (certificate that you downloaded)
- Identity – firstname.lastname@example.org, where istxxxxx corresponds to your Técnico ID
- Password – password corresponding to your Técnico ID
- Autenticação de fase 2 (Phase 2 authentication) – MSCHAPv2
- Anonymous Identity – email@example.com
- Click in “Connect”. The “eduroam” wireless network should be configured in your device.
Nota: In the most recent Android versions (11), it is mandatory to fill the field “Domain” with “IST – eduroam“.
If you want to view the screenshots of the steps described above, see the following tutorial.
Any questions you might have, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.